I was exploring the topic of XP styles, and ran across your page about VB6 manifest files. I downloaded that and it worked just as you described, but I encountered some additional problems you might want to be aware of. It seems enabling the manifest file busted the command-line compile of several of our applications and components. They all compiled fine in the IDE, but wouldn't work from an nmake build script. I finally tracked it back to the manifest file. Once renamed, they work fine. I didn't bother to try to figure out exactly why some of them broke, since it wasn't really intended to work that way anyway.
Keep up the good work.