This release was been delayed by holidays, work, the
Flinstones Week on Cartoon Network,
home decoration and almost anything else you can think of.
But now we're back, there is of course quite a bit of new stuff to snack on. Are
- A new, flexible calendar control from Mike Gainer.
- An extended TextBox created directly from the API with a cool Text Editor sample. Also from Mike Gainer.
Flat List Box Headers
- Drop in this class and you can make all your header controls draw in the cool, flat, DevStudio style.
Hierarchy Selector Control
- Updated with new background image support (courtesy of VB Thunder) and now easier to use with new properties and methods.
In Common Controls Library
vbAccelerator ImageLists with MS ListView
- Tom Esh shows how to do it.
vbAccelerator StatusBar Control
- A minor update to (cough, cough) make the control work in a compiled EXE. Doh!
- New! VB6 Binary.
In Code Libraries
Subclassing Without The Crashes
- New! VB6 Binary.
Control over Window Sizing and Moving
- Adds 6 new moving and sizing events and lets you control moving and sizing smoothly.
Keep Form Titlebars in Focus when ToolWindows are shown.
- Does exactly what it says on the tin!
vbAccelerator Hook Library
- Take low level control over Windows events with this library
vbAccelerator Accelerator Control
- Respond to Alt+Back Arrow and other difficult to get to Accelerator keys with this control.
Malloc in VB
- Use a COM implementation of this C runtime library exposed from the shell to store data the hard way.
Store Objects against a Control's Tag or ItemData property
- Use a TypeLibrary to create much faster alternatives to the collection.
Simpler UserControl Tab Trapping
- A new DLL to implement IOLEInPlaceActiveObject, so you can control the Tab key in VB controls.
Windows Shapes From Bitmaps
- Change the shape of a window from a Bitmap.
Create new GUIDs
- from Dion Wiggins. Very useful if you need globally unique ID numbers!
Saving VB Pictures to JPEG
- A minor fix to this library ensures it works with all images, not just the ones that were x4 across!
There are 7 new tips, covering:
detecting display size, colour depth and settings changes, getting non-client area fonts and sizes,
determining whether there is an Internet connection, Adding Edit Menu support to a TextBox and
generating long number sequences.
A whole new section at vbAccelerator! This section holds type libraries which are used in the development
of objects on the site. To start us off, there are two libraries: the OLE Guids and Interface Definitions
library and the IShellFolder Extended Type Library.
Applications, Utilities and Toys
There are two new utilities for download this month:
VB Type Library Registration Utility
Office Toolbar Icon Extractor
Last but not least, there are 7 new links resources, including some excellent OpenGL sources for Visual